Radhe Flutes is made considering all aspects to give you a rich experience. Whether it’s about tuning accuracy, comfortable fingering, easy blowing, rich tonal quality or the rates, we have considered them all.
About this item
TUNING: Tuned at 440Hz in Just Temperament (Hindustani Classical)
TONE, VOLUME, PITCH: Every bansuri is tweaked to get the optimum balance in tone, volume and pitch, in both lower and higher octaves.
GENERATING SOUND: Lip-plate installment enhances overall volume and tonal quality while minimizing blowing pressure to generate sound. It really makes a difference.
DURABILITY: No effects of water, sunlight &weather change.
PLAY EFFORTLESSLY: Re-adjusted finger holes for comfortable fingering without compromising in the tuning.
AESTHETICS: Bamboo wooden colour PVC Fiber Pipe with traditional X threading using very strong Nylon threads to maintain the aesthetics of Hindustani Bansuri.
- This flute is appropriate for Beginner and Intermediate players
Mellow and Sweet Tone
- Travel Friendly
IN THE PACKAGE YOU WILL RECEIVE:
1 VELVET COVER (OPTIONAL)
1 FLUTE MANUAL
1 CARDBOARD TUBE
[10 Tutorial Videos from How to Blow the flute to How to play Tunes and Songs]
- Your side-blown Bansuri is tuned with Tanpura at A=440Hz in Just Temperament (Hindustani Classical, SA= First 3 holes closed)
- All the Direct Blown Flutes are tuned in Equal Temperament (Followed by Western Music) which lets one play more than one key (First/root note).
- Tuning is the most crucial aspect of Indian Classical music or any style of music for that matter. Using a digital tuner or app is not the right way to check the tuning. You should check it with the help of tanpura or ask your mentor to check it for you.
- Your PVC Fiber Bansuri will not be damaged by direct Sunlight, Moisture, Dry weather, and sudden shift in temperature. Basically, no maintenance needed at all.
- If your Bansuri has any kind of dirt or dust, inside or outside the Bansuri, don't worry, wash it with water and it will be as good as new without affecting its durability or tuning.
- If your Bansuri falls down on the floor from a standing position, no Problem, it can withstand a fall from a height of 20 feet.
- If you accidently step on it, no problem, it will not split-open or crack.
- If you decide to play it after 2 years, no problem, it wouldn’t change its shape nor the tuning.
- Before you receive your Bansuri, it has gone through many quality control check points such as Material Quality, Tuning Accuracy, Threading Tightness, Polishing, Cracks & Leakages, Durability and an Overall Check Up.
LIP-PLATE & ENHANCED SOUND
- The Lip-Plate attachment for side-blown flutes will make it effortless to blow your Bansuri. So, you don't have to put in hours to learn blowing technique. Lip-Plate lets one sustain the notes longer in a single breath and helps produce a warm tone. The other advantage it gives is that your lips automatically shape themselves to the position which requires to create the sound. This makes learning much easier for people who have just started their musical journey.
- It also enhances the tone quality, balances the lower and higher octave volume and prominently lessens the hissing airy sound.
- In Addition, flutes with Lip-Plate requires 30% less air pressure while blowing compared to a non-Lip-Plate flute.
- People who wish to learn flutes which are long in length, very often face problems placing and keeping their fingers on the holes.
- We have solved this issue by re-positioning the holes to reduce the stretch/ and stress on the fingers without letting the accuracy of the tuning get affected. Play Effortlessly.
- We use Nylon Threads which are much stronger, shinier and durable compared to Polyester which are used by most of the flute makers/companies.
- We employ traditional X threading technique to maintain the aesthetics of Hindustani Bansuri.
BAMBOO COLOUR FOR PVC
After contributing several years into finding the colour that resembles bamboo bansuri, we are happy our patience has paid off. We wanted to take advantages of both PVC as well as bamboo flutes to create a hybrid. So, you could have the best.
EXTRA HOLE FOR EXTRA PERFORMANCE
- 7th hole in your side-blown Hindustani Flutes, lets you expand your musical range, as well as lets you do a few extra things such as bending numbers from Tivra-Ma to Pa.
- Additionally, you now can go a little lower than conventional flutes which can add flavors into your playing.
NO HEALTH RISK
PVC is a versatile material that offers many possible applications, these include; Window frames, drainage pipe, water service pipe, medical devices, blood storage bags, cable and wire insulation, resilient flooring, roofing membranes, stationary, automotive interiors and seat coverings, fashion and footwear, food packaging, credit cards, vinyl records, synthetic leather and other coated fabrics. In fact, coronary artery stent which are used to expand coronary arteries inside the heart are made from plastic as well.
- REMEMBER Anything that Burns Releases Toxins!
It is true that PVC releases toxins when it is burned but so does bamboo such as cyanogenic glycosides and any other material for that matter. However, please note that neither PVC nor bamboo is dangerous if they don’t cross their burning point. Standard PVC can withstand temperatures up to 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
- So, you can feel safe that there will be no harmful toxins released when you play the flute.